Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Reason

I was born with my eyes open. Much earlier than "normal" children, I learned to talk, mostly so I could metaphorically bludgeon everyone around me with the words "Why" and "I know." I grew up with a powerful imagination, an anathema to change, a passion for learning, and a rigid belief in a world of absolutes.

Since graduating high school in 2012, I've discovered that the world IS full of absolutes...but they are fewer and farther between than I once believed.

My mind is constantly engaged by people I meet, places I visit, professors I hear, and progress I make. As my ideas are challenged, I use writing as a tool of exploration and resolution. Out of my "rhymes," I often discover my reasons.

It's like Faulkner said, "I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it."

Welcome to the arena in which I explore the world with words.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment